All Are Welcome
Relax and enjoy live music by new and established singer-songwriters and ensembles in a wide variety of acoustic genres and styles. Enjoy a great show, fair trade coffee, and delicious desserts.
The New Moon is an all-volunteer nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting and enjoying the creative talents of up-and-coming acoustic performers.
The Coffeehouse opens monthly from September through May and is operated as a community outreach of the
Universalist Unitarian Church of Haverhill
16 Ashland Street
Haverhill, MA 01830
Everyone is welcome - all ages, all walks of life. We strive to bring you the best performers in a relaxing, friendly environment, where you can enjoy a great show, delicious fair trade coffee and awesome desserts!
Our audience comes from the Haverhill area as well as Southern Maine, Southern New Hampshire, as well as Boston and suburbs - about a 60-minute drive, although some of you travel for one or two hours or more. For those coming from out-of-town: Welcome! We hope you will enjoy your time in Haverhill and hope you will come back and visit our city often.
If you are looking for a wonderful city to vist, locate your business, or make your home, consider Haverhill -- "America's Hometown"!
Haverhill is a super cool place to live and work as well as enjoy and participate in the performing and visual arts. For more ideas of fun things to do, check out the Discover Haverhill website maintained by Creative Haverhill, a partnership of major local civic and municipal organizations.
The culinary arts are well represented in our city. Whether you are into fine dining or more casual fare, we recommend you check out some of the many Haverhill restaurants, cafes, delis, sandwich shops and pizza shops in our Washington Street restaurant district as well as throughout the city.
The front entrance of the Universalist Unitarian Church of Haverhill actually faces Kenoza Avenue (Route 110). The church parking lot is in back, on Ashland Street. Entrance to the New Moon concerts is adjacent to the parking area, through back door of the church (Ashland Street entrance.) Our venue is accessible. There is a wheelchair ramp and two handicap reserved parking spaces near the entrance.
Coming From Boston
- Route 93 North to Route 495 North
- Follow instructions "From the West" below.
Coming From Portsmouth NH
- Route 95 South to Route 495 South
- Take Exit 52 to Route 110 South
- Look for red brick church on left just before intersection of Route 110 and Route 125. Parking in rear on Ashland Street.
Coming From the West
- Connect to Route 495 North
- Take Exit 51A to Route 125 South
- Stay on Route 125 South for about 1.5 Miles. At intersection of Route 110 and Route 125, turn left onto Route 110 (Kenoza Avenue), and then enter the Universalist Unitarian Church of Haverhill driveway on your right, drive to the parking lot which faces Ashland Street. Alternatively, turn left from Route 125 onto Ashland Street just before the CVS and proceed past the red brick church on your left, and enter the parking lot which will be on your left.
Venue Information for Performers
If you are a musical performer interested in appearing at the New Moon Coffeehouse you can send demo materials to:
New Moon Coffeehouse
c/o 4 Hawthorne Terrace
Roslindale, MA 02131
Questions about Booking? Send email to Carol (carolallen99 at hotmail dot com)
Most performances are held in the (main) Murray Room of the Universalist Unitarian Church of Haverhill. This room is rectangular (42' x 50') with a high ceiling and plenty of wood. The resulting acoustics are pleasant and warm. We use a raised stage (~12") that consists of up to four sections (8' x 4') expandable to a maximum area of 16' x 8'.
For larger acts or performances the raised stage may be omitted. General seating is provided for the audience in folding chairs and with some side tables. A comfortable capacity of this room is about 80, and maximum capacity of this room is about 120.
The Sound System
- Allen & Heath PA12 - 8 XLR (plus 4 TRS) channel mixer with FX Bus
- Pair of Crown XLS 402 Stereo Power Amplifiers
- Carver PM-300 Stereo Backup Amplifier
- Behringer 2-channel Feedback Destroyer Pro
- 2 RAMSA WS-A200 2-way bass reflex Main Speakers
- 2 Fender 1272A 12" Monitor Wedges
- 1 Cerwin-Vega SM-12 Monitor Speaker
- 4 Shure SM58 Vocal Mikes
- 2 Shure SM57 Instrument Mikes
- 2 AKG D-321 Vocal Mikes
- 4 Passive Direct Interfaces
- 1 ULTRA-DI20 Active Dual Channel DI
- 7 Boom Microphone Stands
- 2 USS T-30 Tripods (House Spkrs)
- 50' 8 channel snake